Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Faux Leather Wallet Tutorial


My boyfriend only likes wallets that are only for cards. He also only uses wallets that are slim enough to fit inconspicuously in his front or back pocket. Last summer when I was in the Caribbean, I found the PERFECT wallet for him. He loves it! However, it is worn slap out.  We have searched high and low for a similar wallet and have yet to find one. SO...time to break out the sewing machine :)

I cut the leather...

1-------> 4.25"x6" 
 4-------->1"x4.25" 
2----->1.5"x4.25"

Obviously, the largest piece is the back. The 4 smallest pieces are the top two dividers on each side and the 2 medium sized ones are the bottom pieces that show completely.

I lined them up using gift/credit/debit cards as guides.

Next, just sew and trim if necessary.

ENJOY!!

XOXO
ashli brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment